What is a landing page we hear you ask? A landing page is basically a stand alone web page created specifically to market a particular product or service. It’s a page that your potential prospect lands on after subscribing to an email or clicking on one of your ads. There are no distractions on the page as it’s sole purpose is to make your prospects convert and make a purchase through the page otherwise known as a call to action (CTA). A great example of a perfect landing page is this one from Jenna Kutcher. Another example is a landing page we built for one of our clients, The Grout Guy.
What you are offering on your landing page must be convincing and engaging enough to motivate your prospect to follow through with the desired action, which results in a conversion.
Creating landing pages can be super easy with page builder programs like ClickFunnels (our personal favourite), which gives you access to all the tools and tips to creating high impact landing pages that convert.
To create landing pages with high conversion rates it’s best to follow these design tips;
1. Make sure that your call to action (CTA) stands out and that these buttons are placed throughout the page. Use colours, styles and copy that creates a sense of urgency with your prospects and use arrows or images to point to your CTA. You basically want to stop the scroll and grab the attention of your audience and make them click on that button! make sure that you have a CTA at the very top of your page, so that prospects who are ready to convert don’t have to spend time trying to find your CTA!
2. Write a compelling header. This is the best and first place to hook your audience, so it’s the perfect chance to grab your prospect’s attention right when they arrive. Make sure your heading is clear and concise and straight to the point so your prospect doesn’t get confused.
3. Keep your copy captivating and brief. It is best to keep your copy short and include bullet points to capture your audience’s attention and so they don’t get too overwhelmed with text. The longer that your copy is, the easier it will be for your audience to lose attention. If your prospect bounces off your page, you have just lost a conversion.
4. What is your unique value proposition? What makes you different from your competition? Include your unique value proposition on your landing page to not only help you to stand out from the rest, but it helps to educate your prospects about why they should choose you over your competitors!
5. Use images to engage. People get inspired and engaged by powerful imagery. Create an emotional connection with your prospect by using images that will build trust and convince them to purchase your product or service. An example: think about how they want to feel as a result of purchasing your product or service and find an image that will create that emotional connection for your prospect!
6. Include testimonials. Testimonials are social proof and provide credibility to your prospect. It tells them that others just like them have been previously delighted by your products or services. Make sure to have at least a couple of sentences in each testimonial and if possible a small image of the person or brand that provided the testimonial.
7. Don’t be afraid to use white space. White space keeps your landing page clean and crisp and helps to draw the reader’s attention to your offer whilst reducing distractions.
8. Generate FOMO, otherwise known as the Fear of Missing Out. Nobody likes to miss out on a great deal. Set expiry dates on your special offers and promotions or provide enhanced value for the prospect if they purchase now rather than later. Create a sense of urgency so that it motivates your prospect to complete the desired action right away.
9. Create a Thank You page to continue the engagement with your prospect. After your prospect has clicked on and purchased your product or service, it is best to continue to engage them with your brand and nurture them to continue buying your products and services. This is called ‘after care.’ A thank you page is basically a redirection page once they have completed the desired action on the landing page. It’s a page where you should provide additional links to relevant services or products and redirecting back to your main website or blog. You want to capture the interest of your prospect for as long as you can.
The ideal landing page for your business, product or service can take on various different visual appearances. Follow these 9 essential tips to maximise the conversion potential of your landing page. The overall look of your landing page should be clear, concise and straight to the point. Keeping your copy impactful and brief, including powerful images and testimonials will provide all the ammunition you need for a landing page that converts and keeps your prospect engaged and well looked after, even after they purchase!
Need help building a high conversion landing page for your business, product or service? Spending loads of money on Facebook Ads, generating clicks but failing to get the conversions once your prospects hit your landing page? Book in a strategy call with us today, we’d love to help.